The Stained Glass Inn is situated in a Brick Queen Anne Victorian mansion that was built in 1894 by Thomas and Ella Hutchinson of Sunbury PA. Mrs Ella Drumheller-Hutchinson was the daughter of Edward and Mary Drumheller who built the city hotel, now known as the Hotel Edison, in 1871. They had their mansion built on a parcel of ground in a very desirable part of the Central Susquehanna Valley, Old Towne Sunbury, and situated it so it overlooks Cameron Park and the Northumberland County Courthouse.
After Edwards death in 1893 Thomas took over the operation of the City Hotel. Along with his father-in-law and brothers-in-law, he built the beautiful and infamous Hotel Shikellamy on top of blue hill which only operated from 1890 until it was destroyed by fire on May 4th. 1898. After Thomas and Ella passed away the home was inherited by their daughter Miss Ruth Hutchinson who lived in the home until 1980.
The high pitched gable roof is enhanced with dormers and single sash windows. 7 stained and leaded glass windows add Victorian charm to this spacious home which is now home to The Cameron Park Cafe and Precisions Hair Salon which are located on the first level. The Inn's rooms are the original sleeping quarters of the Hutchinson Family.
Come and be a part of Sunbury's history.
For reservations call: (570) 259-1264